- The Greenbrier A luxury resort in West Virginia, that features 25-ton blast door, power plant, water storage tanks and even decontamination chambers, so large it could be used to hide more than 1,100 people.
- Vivo's Bunker Located in the Mojave Desert, is a13,000-square-foot, nuke-proof bunker could resist a 50-megaton blast.
- Mount Weather Safe enough to hide the US Vice President in case of any national emergency, as it happened during September 11,2001. A super secret site, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains about 48 miles from Washington, D.C.
- Capitol Visitor Center The CVC is a three-level, 580,00-square-foot building built entirely underground on the east side of the Capitol. It is so big, that even vehicles can move freely inside their tunnels and all congressman are allowed to enter the room if an emergency is occurring.
- Small Places There are thousands of places all around the world, so strong and so disaster-proof that you don't even know if your neighbor has built one of them. In Italy several families have hired a local contractor to build their doomsday safe hide-outs. So in case you are one of those who believe that the world will come to an end on December 21, 2012 , you might want to ask your neighbor to see if he/she is ready.
Photo © DavidWilson1949