If you are looking for a job this new year will bring great opportunities. While the economy is still growing at slow speeds, you must be very aggresive in the job market as companies will be playing safe protecting their assets and their investments. The fiscal cliff
outcome and debt ceiling crisis will pay an important role on whether companies will hire or keep reducing their workforce during this year. The job market will likely be looking to:
- Subcontractors and temporary jobs will be on the rise
- Majority of jobs will be created in the South and West regions of the US
- Salaries will be up for new-hired technical candidates
- Getting workers from their competitors
- Companies will likely train the right candidate instead of waiting for them
In general the job market during 2013 will be a competitive one, where employers and candidates must be creative and genuine, multi-tasking and able to accept different roles under one single position.