Kitchen Remodeling Cost
If you are contractor specialized in kitchen remodeling, you must know how fierce the competition is today. Buyers are spending their money sparingly thus the reason you want to present a good estimate and have control over your kitchen remodeling costs. It is important to highlight that the cost of remodeling a kitchen depends entirely on the current layout and size.
Initial Kitchen Remodeling Cost
If you are preparing your kitchen remodeling proposal there are certain guidelines that will determine if your remodeling project is being quoted accordingly. Normally kitchen remodeling costs are detailed as follows:
- Design fees: 4%
- Installation: 17%
- Appliances and ventilation: 14%
- Cabinetry and hardware: 29%
- Countertops: 10%
- Lighting: 5%
- Flooring: 7%
- Doors and windows: 4%
- Walls and ceilings: 5%
- · Faucets and plumbing: 4%
- Other: 1%
Additional national surveys the cost of remodeling a kitchen could be between $20,000 and $23,000 on a 200 square feet kitchen, $50,000 to $62,000 a major remodeling kitchen including island and other features while an upscale kitchen could start from $95,000.
Kitchen Remodeling Items
A kitchen remodeling project must include the following:
- Kitchen Cabinets, countertops and backsplash options- Decide whether you are going to use stock cabinets or custom made cabinets. You can also plan to do a makeover of the existing cabinets and replace the countertop, knobs, cabinet doors or the hardware.
- Sinks, faucets and plumbing fixtures- Sinks will be directly related to the type of countertop you are planning to use. Chrome faucets are the least expensive options and two handle faucets are normally cheaper than single handle. If you plan to move the location of the sink, there will some other components you might want to quote, such as copper piping and probably new drywall too.
- Lighting, include lighting options as part of your kitchen cabinets- Recessed lighting will definitively increase your kitchen remodeling costs.
- Appliances such as dishwasher, microwave, stove and fridge- All electrical installations will need to be in place, so if the customer budget is tight, try leaving things in their actual location
- Paint- Once the installation has been completed; a nice paint will be needed to finish the kitchen remodeling process.